which vid card is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well there is a list of all the graphics cards in order of how good they are on here as a thread which was posted yesterday i cant seem to find it though :( id go with the 7900gs as its a good budget card.

Matt

7900GT and 7800GTX are comparable... 7900GS and 7800GTX are not. The latter wins it on high settings on every game, for that $40'ish extra, I'd say it's worth it.

GS cards are just budget cards that they didn't overclock in their GT version so of course 7800GTX is better

The 7900GS will overclock and contend with a stock 7900GTX though. I have mine running at 615/845 right now on stock volts. I just hit 7k 3Dmarks 06 the other day.

What about the 7900GS not overclocking? My 615/845 card begs to differ. All while at 55 max load too...hrrm interesting.

ehh but the GT is the stable overclocked version of 7900 and you could play around wit the OCing with it me i had bad experiences so i usally dont OC ever

Ummm hello...the Gt is not the overcloocked version of the GS. The GS is the UNDERCLOCKED version of the GT. Well technically not underclocked since the speeds are the same, just some pipes were locked. The card was designed to run better. Also I don't see how you can possibly have bad experiences with overclocking a card as you cannot damage a card by overclocking without a volt mod by using conductive ink. It can't damage it if it's running at cool enough temps, it just makes artifacts until you turn them down.

Overclocking most things are safe, I have my E6300 at 3.22ghz right now and video card are even safer. Trust me the 7900GS is defiantly one of the best value on the market. It doesn't matter though when the thing that will destroy both cards for the price of that 7800GTX is right here

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102067

If you have the money BUY IT as that's a sick card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom