Windows Media Player 11 w/ Vista, Won't Open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slam'n Systems

Veteran Techist Member
My Windows Media Center opens, sometimes though gives me an error that not everything ran properly so restart program but keeps coming up.

But I just want to use Windows Media Player 11, everytime I click to open it; it won't open at all no matter how I try to open it! And I cant go download it off Microsoft and re-install cuz there is no download option for Vista & Player 11.

HELP :(

Did you do a upgrade install of Vista? It seems you have alot of problems with your install that could be associated with a upgrade not a full fresh install.

No, fresh install. :)
It worked originally, but doesn't anymore. o_O
And this is really the first problem I ran into that wasn't my error, every other question I've asked is for my other computer, except my network error.

EDIT:
Think I jus solved my network problem, set the power options to High Performance.
Wasn't really a problem to begin with, just annoying.

The Media Player 11 though has got my stumped. What if I download and install the one for XP? Would that not work? I'm guessing not.

I can almost guarentee that it wont. For a simple reason you have it installed already.

I am guessing it has to do with Urge and the codecs. I had this problem before with a Vista install. I ended up formatting and re-installing.

Sorry.

Weird, I can double click songs and it'll open, but I cant open Media Player w/o playing a song.

No matter, at least it works; its not even my choice of media player, I found it to just be odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom