sony vaio pcv-rz49g memory upgrade help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jas_stang

Beta member
looking to upgrade memory, currently have 512mb ram on a p4 3ghz. mostly use the computer for home office stuff, but wife does a lot of picture slideshows and dvd video work. looking for suggestions on the best way to go to upgrade the memory. thinking of going for 2gig if possible. thinking of going with ddr-pc3200. What is the best brands to look for and any other ratings to look for when buying ram. any help is appreciated.

look at what the max is that your motherboard supports and tell us........ are you going to overclock??? which i doubt as you have a retailed pc most people on here have custom rigs myself included as they are much better value for money :D.

Matt

There are a few good companies out there for memory I.E. Kingston, PNY, Corsair just to name a few. Just when buying your ram make sure your system can use the DDR-PC3200 and if so you will be fine. A good place for buying and getting reviews is at www.newegg.com . Most buyer on there post reviews on the items they bought so you get a good feel for the product and Newegg has probably the best prices anywhere

I am not planning on overclocking. I am not 100% sure, but I think the pc is capable of 2gig. I just want something stable and reliable.

ehh the old stuff can overclock well but with little better performance. Me I always used Kingston memory using 2 gigs of DDR-400 PC3200 right now

2gb is good for gaming but video editing you will want 3gb probably for it too be quick it depends on how much your wife uses the computers resources does she edit large volumes with small size or small volumes but large size?

I am fairly certain the comp will only support 2gb. What is dual channeling, and can this computer support it. thanks for all the help, I am learning alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom