PC vs. XBOX 360 and PSP3

Status
Not open for further replies.
pcs can multi-task not just game lol remember that when comparing it to a console for example i run a media server i couldnt with a pc the main reason I invested in a pc was for the expandability and upgrade ability which isn't offered by the ps3 and its not released unti march here helps abit too lol

hense why I said, "if you don't mind a console" If you buying just for the sake of a "h4xr 1337 pwnzr" machine... then you buy a freakin xbox and save the rest of your lunch money for the ice cream man...

EDIT: I apologize to the thousands of nerds out there who use that ridiculous crap they call leetspeak...but seriously... go put baseball cards in your bicycle spokes, nerds.

Think... a single videocard being more expensive than an entire console. The 8800GTX is the best the graphics world has to offer, no graphics chip in any console that was developed two years ago can beat that.

but the price of the card isn't always comparative to the imaging quality. Theres a point where it "good enough"

Actually, it's hard to determine. With the PC, we pretty much know the ins and outs because the architecture is fairly the same. In the 360 the architecture is different and they are still trying to eek out every bit of performance. The 360 is capable of pushing out MUCH higher resolutions however it is capped by what tv's are capable of and thus, don't offer higher resolutions but it does have the power for it. When comparing the cards you can no longer fairly compare the GPU and other normal comparisons because t here is a different technology and architecture going on with the 360 that will take a long time to completely take advantage of. The PS3 is the same way. Although I am no fan of Sony, there is alot of power still to be unlocked there and the potential of both consoles are still yet to be known.

Also the Oblivion comparison is moot. The reason is because there is an update via the expansion and probably also over xbox live that updates the graphics to what you see on high end AND the PS3. So, even now the graphic card and its architecture is pushing the envelope. It takes a long time each console to completely utilize the power and will take even longer this time because of radical architecture. In other words, you can NOT yet determine this. I do, however see a PS3 problem and that is in it's bandwidth. Great idea, but that bandwidth isn't there to support it and that is a true shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom