Experts Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimey

Baseband Member
I installed Panda AntiVirus Titanium on my Windows XP Pro and ever since then my computer is very slow. The task bar freezes up and the cursor is always busy. I can't open any programs. I tried System Restore and it said that the restore operation could not be done.

I opened in safe-mode and uninstalled Panda AV then loaded Windows normally and the problem was still there.

Does anyone know how I can make everything work like how it should?

Never heard of Panda AV but i would start with the Program maker .There may be some patches available to address the problems your having.Sounds like it has taken control of your registry in some way .Try windows cd boot and see if you can
do some repairs that way .

Thanks for your help. I'll e-mail the company to see if they can help.

Did anyone else experiance this problem. Maybe its not Panda.

yea they all do the same thing, as long as you're getting rid of the spyware.. and that does sound familiar, I think a friend told me to get that, but eh.. hehe

Grimey said:
I have Webroot Spy Sweeper. Is that a good product?

Very good product IMO. I use it myself! Also try Window Washer by the same company!

I'd download Ad-Aware 6 and Spybot: Search and Destroy and update and run them.

In my experience, if I run more than one updated Spyware remover, the second one will find something the first one didnt.
Make sure you don't run them at the same time, though, because they will probably find some common problems and try to clean them at the same time... can be a mess, etc...

Thanks everyone. I tried sweeping adware and spyware but it didnt help. I think ill do what Agex000 suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom