Building Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat.Clown

I don't overclock
I got a question about hooking up the Optical drive.
Do I hook up the IDE/PATA connector to the red-circled, blue connector (refer to image below) or the other one, black connector(multi colored circled)?

The board is ASUS P5W DH
3y521hf.jpg
27-151-136-03.JPG

and what about the digital/analog audio connectors and device configuration jumper? I didn't see any cables for them so I left them empty, but should I be hooking them up somewhere?

I think I've got everything set-up now I am just waiting for the CPU to arrive :confused:

saltynay said:
it says in your mobo manual were it says board layout. or am i not understanding the question???

Matt

one is labeled PRI_EIDE
and other is PRI_IDE
Wuts the difference

the connector at the bottom is the main power connector the top right i dont know why its there i plugged my power supply in it anyway obviously a more experience member could give you more detail. I just looked on google and they seem like the same thing the second one is extra for people who have ide hdds and optical drives. just use whichever is the best for wire management and if it doesnt work on boot swap it to the other would be my suggestion :D

Matt

saltynay said:
the connector at the bottom is the main power connector the top right i dont know why its there i plugged my power supply in it anyway obviously a more experience member could give you more detail. I just looked on google and they seem like the same thing the second one is extra for people who have ide hdds and optical drives. just use whichever is the best for wire management and if it doesnt work on boot swap it to the other would be my suggestion :D

Matt

Upper right red circle=CPU power connector....Refer to MOBO manual as it should number your PATA slots. Start at one...

saltynay said:
ooo good thing i plugged that in then i nearly didnt as my zalman takes up alot of space so i only just saw it when i was doing my build :D

Matt

Don't worry, you would have done it eventually, your comp. wouldn't have done anything when you hit the power button till you did.

so I should plug in all of the pins from this pic into the main power connector? or just the wide one(thus leaving open spaces)?

thanks I will update this when my CPU arrives and maybe some pics later :p
but only if I don't fry anything! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom