Which of these 2 laptops should i get?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xfatalherox

Baseband Member
Ok so I've narrowed it down to these 2 laptops:

Acer Aspire 5610-2013 - 600$
Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T2060 1.6GHz (1MB L2 Cache), 1GB RAM, 120GB IDE Hard Drive, 15.4-inch WXGA TFT Display, 8X DVD+/-RW Drive, Intel Integrated Graphics, Windows Vista Home Premium

Acer Aspire 5100-3357 - 650$
AMD Turion 64 MK-36 2.0Ghz (512KB L2 Cache), 1GB RAM, 120GB SATA Hard Drive, 15.4-inch WXGA TFT Display, 8X DVD+/-RW Drive, ATI Radeon Xpress 1100 Chipset, Windows Vista Home Premium

So other than the processor theyre both the same except I'm leaning towards the second one because it has ATI graphics and SATA. However, the processor is what concerns me. The T2060 is dual core has a 1MB L2 Cache while the Turion MK-36 is single core and has only 512KB. So I'm guessing the Intel is faster right? If so, is there that much of a difference between them in terms of processing power? Which of these two laptops would you guys recommend? thanks alot.

Go with the second one. AMD cpus don't need a lot of cache since they have an onboard memory controller instead of a seperate one like Intel. (Intel needs a larger cache for more speed but AMD's design is still faster - memory bandwidth)

it really depends on what your going to be doing....if its just basic internet surfing ect....their both decent..

but if you want to run multiple demanding programs at the same time...go for the first one

1st one= CORE 2 DUO......twice the L2 cache.

turions are crap, even though im all for AMD, never like the turions, its pretty much a sempron for notebooks.

It depends what you want really i mena if your going to be using graphically intensive applications the 2nd option is much better and will be much more useful when navigating Vista as it needs the graphics. The processor is weaker though but to be honest not by alot, from what i've heard the conroes in laptops aren't meant to be all that great.

hmammen said:
1st one= CORE 2 DUO......twice the L2 cache.

turions are crap, even though im all for AMD, never like the turions, its pretty much a sempron for notebooks.

This is NOT a C2D!!! Go with the second one. Better HD interface and the difference between the turion and T2060 is negligible and both will be fine for multitasking. The L2 cache does not have to be as high for AMD processors because of their architecture. Google this, there are plenty of articles on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom