Fast Computer- Slow Startup, Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
t3ch_threads said:
As a last option you can always back up your data and reinstall. Its a pain, but at least you know it will work. Besides you should reinstall about every year because despite you greatest efforts they will slowly deteriorate.

Ya that seems to work when all else fails but I have reinstalled xp probably about 6 times in the last year due to varius unfixable problems I have caused upon myself due to stupidity. this however I feel s not my fault and this install of xp is maybe a month old.

Ive, tried spybot search and destroy, adaware, avg anitvirus zone alarm, microsoft onecare live, and ccleaner. And nothing works, I wonder if some spyware got into the registry that diables something so It cannot be seen, I wonder if i try in safe mode if it will work. Also I had a program on my computer a while ago called avid, it is a professional video editing software, Ir emoved the program, however when I start uo my computer a Avid Logo box will pop up, like the program wasnt removed all the way, this program was very beefy so i think this may have something to dow ith it...anybody have input?

check the 'run services' and 'run' folders in the reg.
they are in HKEY-LOCAL-MACHINE>SOFTWARE>MICROSOFT>WINDOWS>CURRENTVERSION
sometimes there are things in there, that don't show up in 'msconfig'
there could also be a program that is configured to run pre-profile load (but only you would know this)

fixal0t said:
check the 'run services' and 'run' folders in the reg.
they are in HKEY-LOCAL-MACHINE>SOFTWARE>MICROSOFT>WINDOWS>CURRENTVERSION
sometimes there are things in there, that don't show up in 'msconfig'
there could also be a program that is configured to run pre-profile load (but only you would know this)

where is the pre-profile load at, how can I change these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom