overclocking notebooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

coleman

Baseband Member
is it possible to overclock laptops? I know that notebooks can heat up really fast and i was wondering if people overclock notebooks?

holy **** coleman that laptop is about $4,000.

All my computers combined = about $4,000 and that is a kick *** gaming laptop. Wish i had that kind of money for 3 of them though cause of friends. Thats the only reason why i got desktops and desktops are easy to upgrade and don't heat up as bad as laptops cause you can put fans all over.

at my school some1 managed to have there laptop spontaneously combust they were working on their laptop about 10 years ago now back when they had 1gb hdd's but he had overclocked it and was doing coursework with his laptop on top of his loose data sheets and suddenly it started to smoke and then set on fire I was told this by my science teacher 4 years ago.

Matt

saltynay said:
at my school some1 managed to have there laptop spontaneously combust they were working on their laptop about 10 years ago now back when they had 1gb hdd's but he had overclocked it and was doing coursework with his laptop on top of his loose data sheets and suddenly it started to smoke and then set on fire I was told this by my science teacher 4 years ago.

Matt

Does this qualify as spontaneous?

Norcent said:
holy **** coleman that laptop is about $4,000.

All my computers combined = about $4,000 and that is a kick *** gaming laptop. Wish i had that kind of money for 3 of them though cause of friends. Thats the only reason why i got desktops and desktops are easy to upgrade and don't heat up as bad as laptops cause you can put fans all over.

Fans like this, Norcent? :D

http://www.xanga.com/productreviews2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom