Power Supply Problem?

Computer Specs:

HDD: 200gb Western Digital SATA 7200 7K 8M SATA2 WD2000JS
VGA: ASUS nVidia Geforce 8800GTX
PSU: 700 watt COOLMAX
MOBO: EVGA nForce 680i
CPU: INTEL Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4G 775
MEM: 2x2GB Geil DDR2 800 = 4GB Dual Channel

I think that about covers it for the hardware specs for the comp.

My issue is this, when i try to install windows it keeps freezing. Sometimes it freezes where it says 'starting up windows' right before it attempts to load files to the hdd for install. And sometimes it freezes while it is loading the files to the HDD. I'm not sure if there is something that I can do to test whether I dont have enough power from my PSU or if my hdd is bad. I know my installation disc is not bad because I had just used it recently before getting my new comp. any and all help is appreciated. I think that this is some kind of hardware issue but not sure exactly what it might be.

A few notes:

I have my cd-rom is currently set to slave on the jumper settings, dont really think that is an issue but it might be.

I'm fairly certain that I have my comp hooked up correctly as it does turn on, and the POST gives me the one beep go ahead that all is good. It is detecting my hdd fine, it detects ALL of my ram, and detects my cd drive. again your help is appreciated

Thanks,

-Z-

Try taking one stick of ram out till you get it installed. I've ran into this a few times after its installed put it back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom