How Good Is This Gaming System? Your Opinion Plz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ag3

Fully Optimized
CPU: AMD Athlon64 3200+
MOBO: Gigabyte GAK8N Pro NF3-150 3D5P1A
RAM: 512 Mb Corsair @ 400 Mhz
HDD: 80 Gb Western Digital 7200 RPM (IDE)
GCARD: ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (128 Mb)

O/S: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (SP-1)

Just how good will this system run games? Will it run games like FarCry at FULL resolution/detail at very high frames? Plz give me your advice as soon as possible. Even if there are many replies, I would like to hear what you think. Thx very much in advance. I really appreciate anyone taking the time to respond.

pretty damn good dude but i would go a64 3000+ and like the saved money can go to another stick of 512. 1 gig, pc3200, 9800 pro would be killer. Also for far-cry, u will notice a difference with 1 gig vs 512 on games like far-cry.

Will I not get more power out of a 3200+? Keep in mind, I also plan on buying another 512 Mb chip, so I will have 1Gb (2x512).

Looks great but if you can afford it I would personally go with a variation of the X800, whether it be Pro, XT, or whatever they have.

hehe well...i doubt he has an extra w/e for the x800 pro since hes going 9800 pro. I dunno in the u.s but in canada its 300 cdn dollar differential from the x800 pro to the 9800 pro.

Actually, I already have the Radeon 9800 Pro. U see my computer went up in flames a few days ago, and *thank god* my Radeon managed to survive. So now, I have to buy everything but the card!

Then yeah, the Athlon 64 3200+, with that MB and a gig of RAm is good, Just remember not to skimp on the RAM. Crucial and Kingston Hyper X are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom