Will my 500w psu be enough for a 8800gts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

j12

Daemon Poster
I have a ultra x-connect 500w power supply with 38 amps on one 12v rail. I was wondering if this power supply will be enough for a 8800gts 320mb? the psu is definitely not the greatest because it does not even have a pci-e power connector, so i will have to use the adapter.:eek:
I will be using the 8800gts with a core 2 duo e6300, 4 cold cathode lights, 2 hard drives, 2 optical drives, 1 120 mm fan, 3 80mm fans, and a 92mm fan.

GTS takes 100 watts, E6300 75 watts, the rest I dunno. You should have enough juice to run the system. I run mine (stats below) in with the additional side fan on the 900 and one optical drive.

allright now i have to see if my case fits the videocard.:p
the card is about 10.5 inches long right?

Some would argue that a PSU is the most important component of your system... And the lenght is 8.75" (just measured mine)

500w and 38amp's is actually the lowest recommended power to run a SLI 8800GTX system so you should be alright with only one bud.

allright, now i'm sure that the card is gonna fit in my case. because i thought they were the same exact size as the 8800gtx's but i was wrong. and i'm happy to know that my psu is gonna be enough also.

Yea your psu will be plenty...looks like your all set. I still know who you are I'll hold my promise to help you overclock your system when you get it ;). I've got my E6300 to 3.22ghz so far.

its all about the amps not the actuall wattage

so the whole this componant uses 100 watts and that one uses 50 is ********

lol i had to move everything around in my case to fit the 8800gts in as the hardrive cage hangs over the pci slots and my lower hdd level would crush the cards fan. I could always move the card to the second pci express slot but i dont think the psu cable will stretch that far oh the joys of a htpc case :D

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom