When will it be safe to purchase Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since driver support is released at the same time for both verison's, If you have a 64 bit cpu, I'd say go for it an not waste time on a 32 bit.

Only my opinion though.

I think that's what I'm going to do. The first service pack will be out in a month or two anyway. That will solve 75% of the headaches I'm sure.

augest said:
I run 64 bit, An there is problem's yes... But I manage ok... It will get better.

reading form ur pic, u love spam n love playing PC games :). Can u clear me these questions since u got the 64-bit?

would u recommend 64-bit version of Windows Vista Ulitmate for gamers? Would i notice a significant difference in gaming from a 32-bit or no? If not, then ill just get the 32-bit.

u see, i use my computer mostly for gaming *work for later in life* n im planning on getting Windows Vista Ultimate at the end of this year or so. I was kind a planning on getting 2 x 2GB DDR3 SDRAM when it becomes available, but it seems that 32-bit only supports up to 4GB, n i want to support more later *like later over time*. Plus, i am planning on getting a 250GB HDD, since i got only 20GB capacity left in my 80GB HDD.

if u can help, that will makes things better for me.

actually i think 32-bit os's support 8gb of memory, but 64-bit os's in theory support 16billiongb's. and is it time for vista for me i have tried it and the answer is no, drivers suck and lots of software doesnt run well or even run yet. my prediction vista will never be safe, just like xp which is delivering new patches every week. i may get vista again but by that time Vienna would already be out

TheEnd187 said:
actually i think 32-bit os's support 8gb of memory, but 64-bit os's in theory support 16billiongb's. and is it time for vista for me i have tried it and the answer is no, drivers suck and lots of software doesnt run well or even run yet. my prediction vista will never be safe, just like xp which is delivering new patches every week. i may get vista again but by that time Vienna would already be out

ur positive about 32-bit Vista supporting up to 8GB of memory!!?? I NEED TO KNOW!!! *:mad: right eye twitching constantly, vein popping out of forehead :mad:*

lol j/k on me being angry.

k cheking right now for you, you should also change your psu, stock ones that come with the case always die, and you dont live far frome where i used to live, do you live near magnolia?

here you go

Windows Vista is a resource hog. At least as far as the memory usage goes, Vista seems to never get enough. Is this the case? How much RAM can you feed into Windows Vista? Is there a limit to the amount of RAM you add to a system, or will the operating system simply swallow resources?

Well, Vista can indeed get enough. There is in fact a maximum amount of physical memory in concordance with the editions of Windows Vista. In this context, Windows Vista Starter edition is the least demanding of the operating system's versions, and the 32-bit variant delivers support for a maximum of 1 GB RAM.

The 32-bit editions of Windows Vista Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Enterprise and Ultimate, all support a maximum of 4 GB of RAM. The real variations come when we start looking at the 64-vit versions. On a system running x64 Vista Home Basic, you can add as much as 8 GB of RAM. x64 Vista Home Premium supports as far as 16 GB of RAM.

But it will take no less than 128 GB of RAM in order to satiate x64 Vista Business, Enterprise and Ultimate. 128 GB of Ram is the maximum supported physical limit in the case of these three operating systems.

However, with Windows Vista, there is a clear distinction between the maximum supported physical memory and the virtual addresses that the operating system will use. The x86 editions of Vista will not deliver full support for all the RAM installed in the case that this amounts to 4GB. And there are also some limitations involving x64 platforms, but that subject will be addressed in a different article. Keep your eyeballs on Softpedia and be sure not to miss it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom