My summer project!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Case>> That's personal preference, but I think for that price, you could do better.
CPU >> this one is better.
Optical Drive>> Okay.
HDD>> Not sure if that's SATAII or SATA, but the Western Digital is $3 cheaper!
Mobo>>this one, since you can't use LGA775 on an AMD Mobo.
PSU>>Antec is apparently good.
RAM>>Corsair...DDR2...667 and PC2 5400...Good.
GPU>> I prefer nVidia, but whatever floats your boat.

Okay, not sure if you know or not, but the E6300 and E6400 are going to get an increase in Cache in Q2, so since you're not making it until Summer, watch out for that. The E4300 is going down in price, as well.

The E6300 is $30 cheaper, and when you overclock it, there's very little difference.

the e6600 is what i would recommend atm as its has all the features of the core 2 duo line as in cache and multipliers and is easily overclockable the e6700 is just overpriced and nothing special

I dunno... I'm still aiming towards the AMD core. I'd like to keep my $1200 budget. And the Athlon has been nice to me so far (I currently own a 3500+).

Salty, by the time he builds this, the E6300/E6400 will have the Cache it has, and the only thing the E6600 will do is have a better normal speed...

Why do you want to keep AMD? Athlon was good against the Pentium line, but between dual cores, Intel has won out.

Well, I don't know how to OC yet. And I don't plan on testing it with 300 dollars worth of CPU hardware. But if it's HIGHLY suggested that I get the Intel, so be it. I'll take the fall.

heh i had bad experances wit OCing i just killed my Athlon XP 1800+ awhile ago. I would still be using that instead of socket A sempron 2200+ im using now.

and get the crossfire chipset motherboard if your getting a ATI videocard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom