GTG important to have for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
would i notice a significant difference in GTG response time on VGA or DVI from a monitor that doesnt have GTG response time; in gaming that is?

just a question, sry for making threads, i just need some answers to questions that pop in my head each day that i cant figure out on my own.

EDIT:

changed question so no confustion in difference from VGA from DVI, i just need to know the difference from a GTG response time monitor n a monitor without GTG response time in gaming.

Sora said:
Not really...plus theres always adaptors from VGA to DVI if you need it.

really? shoot, sounds nice to have though. I do have a VGA to DVI adapter, since my monitor is only VGA, but now i cant use the adapter since i fried my 6600 LE *coughsigcough*.

Ah yea but VGA is like AGP was I believe...there was plenty of data going through at a good rate but DVI was able to push a lot more through..like how PCI-E took over AGP even though AGP had room for improvement still.

Sora said:
Ah yea but VGA is like AGP was I believe...there was plenty of data going through at a good rate but DVI was able to push a lot more through..like how PCI-E took over AGP even though AGP had room for improvement still.

nitestick said:
the defining difference is VGA is an analogue signal while DVI is digital, plain and simple. in most circumstances you won't notice the difference.

ok were getting off topic here, my question is this, is GTG *Gray-to-Gray* important in gaming, wiether in DVI or VGA? Would i notice a difference from a monitor that doesnt have GTG response time?

EDIT:

sry for anyone who got confused n thought i was asking about the difference of VGA n DVI, i already know what the difference is, i just need to know of GTG response time is important to have in gaming.

some ppl need to read the thread title first before answering :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom