basic game rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infernicus

In Runtime
Thermaltake Tsunami Case

Intel Pentium D 925 Socket 775, 2x3.0 GHz, 2MB x 2 Cache

Gigabyte GA 965GM-S2 iG965, S775, PCI-E (x16), DDR2 533/667/800, SATA II, SATA RAID, uATX, VGA

256MB Palit 7600GS Sonic PCI-E(x16) Mem 1000MHz GPU 450MHz 12Pipes D-Sub/Dual Link DVI/S-Video Fan

485W Enermax Noisetaker EG495AX-VE-W-SFMA with PCI-E aPFC Quiet

160 Gb Western Digital WD1600YS Caviar RE, SATA300, 7200 rpm, 16MB Cache, 8.9 ms, NCQ

LG GSA-H22NSBB Silver 18x DVD+/-RW/RAM bare inc Burning software

1Gb Corsair XMS2, DDR2 PC5400 (667), 240 Pin, Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 4-4-4-12

wondering if its okay or not and if its compatible, not sure if the mobo will fit in the case as some sites say its an ATX only where as others say its also microATX

oh and last thing, is it worth gettin a pentium 4 dual core cause its bout the same price anyway?

If this is a gaming rig, number one I would most def go with at least an Intel Duo Core2 e4300, preferably the e6400. Also, upgrade that video card to a minimum of the GeForce 7600GT. The motherboard on that is a micro board. I would go with the Biostar TForce 965PT motherboard. Great quality board, price is good, and it fits any standard sized ATX case. Als, it would work if you kept your current processor or work just as nicely if you upgraded to the e4300/6400. :)

get a core 2 duo. Gskill ram is better 2x1gb the abit aw9d-max is a better mobo. i would go with an antec psu. seagate barracudas 7200.10 are faster and have longer warranty for hdds. that graphics card is abit old bt should be ok if your gonna upgrade next year. what is a pentium 4 dual core do you mean a 2 processor mobo with 2 seperate pentium 4's???

Matt

Passitalong said:

*cough* yes.....

but to everyone else, first it just said dual core P4 =/ not to sure

and its a basic rig purely because of price limits i dont have a great deal of money to spare which is why i chose these parts, to maximise upgradability

so unless the rig is around 400 and can be upgraded later its not what im looking for

btw names matt also from eng xD

so with the part recomendations a price scale would be nice =] thanks

Is that $400 USD, 400 Pounds, or 400 Euros?

...The whole world should just start using the Piece of Felt currency. Seriously.

Yeah, I saw that part, but I wasn't sure whether he'd gone to XE, and out of courtesy (or habit) converted it to USD.

Assuming you're talking about UK Pounds, that's $785.

I'll edit this post with some stuff. Do you need a new monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc?

EDIT:
Mobo
PSU
Case
The PSU and Mobo I recommended have been recommended to people time after time. I wanted to introduce you to a pretty good line of cases (Or at least, that's my opinion. That black thing near the top in the front is smoked acrylic, so you can see any LED screens you have behind it!)

alright thanks guys and yea im im english pounds

maybe we should get a net currency =P

surgestions look good so far, ima update after one or two more posts with a final build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom