Boot manager messed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

snypercore

Daemon Poster
i had VISTA and XP on a dual boot , when i started my PC an app called HIRENS BOOT MANAGER or something simialr which i have no idea where it came from loaded up and asked which OS to boot, since then i have just reinstalled a different windows XP and now i dont get asked which to boot just boots straight to XP and the boot manger doesnt load up now? any suggestions?

Google EasyBCD. It will allow for you to dual boot between Vista and XP. Just make sure you have the boot.ini info from you XP boot ready so you can add it to the Vista boot manager.

Yes this will install in XP or Vista. When you install it you will have to add the Vista Boot Manager which EasyBCD does. From there you will add your XP boot info to that.

thanks for the help so fat man but, didnt work what happens now i have reinstalled XP is i get a "IBM OS/2 manager" screen i dunno what this si but i went into bios and i set it to off and on and it wont go, this strange screen replaced the windows loading screen "the xp icon with teh blue progress bar" i dont see that anymore just this OS/2 app?? really lost here

Okay insert your XP disc and try to do a fixboot and fixmbr see what that does for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom