disk defrgmenter problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikee

Fully Optimized
When I try to defrag my hard drives after it's done analyzing and I click defrag now it starts to defrag then after about 2 or so minutes it starts analyzing all over again. this is really annoying.

Royal has got it. There are processes or other applicaitons that are running that access the memory or HDD that is causing the Defrag to restart.

mikee said:
do you guys know of any programs that could make it not work?
It could be anything that accesses the HDD or RAM. So virus scaners, Adobe, just about everything has a background process.

mikee said:
When I try to defrag my hard drives after it's done analyzing and I click defrag now it starts to defrag then after about 2 or so minutes it starts analyzing all over again. this is really annoying.

I had the same thing happen to me once right before my harddrive crashed/became corrupted. If I were you, I'd start backing things up just in case. Then I'd start saving money for a new harddrive. That may not be your problem, but it happened to me in that way.

maybe safe mode? question---> when you look at the analysis can you see the "un-movable" files in green?

ECTech said:
maybe safe mode? question---> when you look at the analysis can you see the "un-movable" files in green?

I dont see any files it just says analyzing and theres a little circle cursor going around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom