XP Boot Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solar.Plexus

Solid State Member
I'm trying to reinstall Windows.

When I have the XP cd in the drive and it tells me to hit any key, the keyboard dosn't respond. It's weird because I can hit delete to enter setup at the very beginning of the boot sequence, but not a few seconds later when it asks me to hit any key to go ahead and install windows.

CD is the first boot priority, that's not the problem.

I thought it might have been a USB problem, so I tried a PS/2 adapter, and that didn't work.

I'm at a loss. Help?

Has it just reboot after copying the i386 files over to the local drive? If so take the CD out and continue the install.

RoyalW said:
Has it just reboot after copying the i386 files over to the local drive? If so take the CD out and continue the install.

No I don't even get to that point. You know how when you put a windows install cd in the drive and boot it up, it says to hit any key to continue? When that comes up, my keyboard won't work, so I can't initiate any installation files.

Sounds like a driver compatability issue. Have you tried to upgrade your BIOS or anything lately? It could be that your BIOS isnt fully up to date to allow for recognition of your USB keyboard before Windows loads.

Ive had the same problem before it was my wireless keyboard tryed a diffrent keyboard (wired) worked first time

Hi........

Please check your bios table keybord options. Please enable always on mode...

Thank you

Makaveli213 said:
Sounds like a driver compatability issue. Have you tried to upgrade your BIOS or anything lately? It could be that your BIOS isnt fully up to date to allow for recognition of your USB keyboard before Windows loads.

Turns out it was an outdated BIOS. I flashed it, and was able to install Vista. Thx guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom