Best Gaming Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lasers aren't more accurate than optical....lasers are just able to have a much higher DPI than optical currently offers. I have the Mx-518 and it is an incredible mouse...the two side buttons are so invaluable when playing FPS. Plus the G7 is a pretty bad mouse honestly...it trails off at higher dpi...not only that it needs a new battery in it every few days.

The Mx-518 is I think right now the absolute best gaming mouse, and the G5 coming in second probably since I hate wireless for gaming.

Sora said:
The Mx-518 is I think right now the absolute best gaming mouse, and the G5 coming in second probably since I hate wireless for gaming.

the g5 isn't wireless?

the mx-518, g5, and g7 are all good mice. you can't go wrong any way you go.

I guess I'm the lone Razer advocate here. I love my Diamondback, and the Copperhead is the newer incarnation of it. The Death Adder is coming out soon...

Paint scheme doens't matter much to me. At least it's not yellow or anything. It's not like you look at the mouse much anyway. But all I can say is that the G5 has improved my gaming alot. I can check my score patterns for BF2142. At first they were bad because it IS an adjustment and a pretty big one imo, but give it a couple of weeks and you'll be rockin.

MX518 and Diamondback according to 003. He's got a bunch of information about it. Supposedly the Death Adder's driver problems have been fixed.

Is there a good gaming mouse with the scroll wheel pushed forward? I'd like one where the scroll wheel is right on the edge of the mouse.

Razers tend to be better if you have smaller hands or if you click more with the tips of your fingers. Logitechs are "taller" and will fill the palm of your hand more and tends to work with larger hands. And please note is said tends, and not a for sure always no matter what kinda deal.

Razers tend to be better if you have smaller hands or if you click more with the tips of your fingers.

I've got big hands, and use the upper half of my fingers to click. The Diamondback's buttons are long, going halfway up the mouse, while its wheel is set well forward for fingertip control.

I hold my mouse with my thumb on the inside and my ring finger on the outside, index and middle fingers laying on the buttons. My wrist and fingers control the mouse's movements.

Sora said:
Plus the G7 is a pretty bad mouse honestly...it trails off at higher dpi...not only that it needs a new battery in it every few days.

'fraid i have to disagree with you there.
i have no lag AT ALL up to the max of 2000dpi. though i usually play bf2 at 1750, cos 2000 i turn all the way around in 1/8 of an inch, lol.
as far as the battery situation...
it comes with two batteries and a charger that plugs in to a usb port. one battery will typically last a day or two depending on usage, and you can immediately swap the batteries out. also, unlike wireless that uses regualar batteries...there is no lag when the battery is low. one minute it works, the next it doesn't.
it was suggested to me that wireless was no good for gaming, but i took a chance...
the g7 is every bit as good and reliable as the g5.
just ask the suckers i pwn routinely....:amazed:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom