How do I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallace

Baseband Member
Can someone help with the settings to tile open pages in IE or any other programs open and minimized in the taskbar please?

If I have 6 open IE pages they then tileup not showing in a line at the one time in the taskbar. If I am chatting on Yahoo Messenger and have three Yahoo sessions open they then tile up. That is great. How do I reduce IE to tile when three are open.............. thanks

Best regards,

If you have XP and a referring to the taskbar buttons try:

START>CONTROL PANEL>TASKBAR AND START MENU/ [TASK BAR TAB] Check "Group similar taskbar buttons"

If you have IE7+ and are referring to tabs try:
START>CONTROL PANEL>INTERNET OPTIONS/TABS - SETTINGS.

Decide on which option you want under "When a pop-up is encountered:"

Decide on which option you want under "Open links from other programs in:"

Taskbar Grouping

My earlier post did not work for me, but below did so I hope it helps others wanting to customize their IE options.

"First off, create a new Restore Point or go into regedit >file> export> create a name for the file like Good Registry and save it to My Documents (or somewhere you'll remember to look if needed).

Now, go through the Registry tree HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVer sion\Explorer\Advanced . In the right hand pane, right click in a blank area and select New >DWordValue> a new file will be created and highlighted, type in TaskbarGroupSize and then click out side the box It should not be highlighted anymore. Double click on the new TaskbarGroupSize file and it will open. Click on the Decimal radio button and enter 00000008 (if 8 or more is the number of windows you want grouped) > OK. Close down the Registry and Reboot."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom