Sound/Audio Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

danthemanofall

Beta member
Recently after I got back from Vacation I noticed my headset wasn't working. I'm a gamer and I need my audio. So i Get back and its not working at first I was able to get on Ventrilo (communicating program similar to teamspeak), but when I went on the internet I couldn't hear things like streamed music or youtube. Oddly enough write now i can hear on windows media player and on my game ( counter strike source). My headset is a USB and normal plug in headset (mic and speaker plugs). I took it off the USB and now i use the normal beacuse the USB doesn't work anymore. The usual little speaker that appears in your little toolbar on the bottom of the hidden icon no longer appears. When i go on vent it says "Failed to open sound input device, another program may already have it open" and on WebEx i get "No Audio Device has been found"! very obnoctious i really need help.

Dan

right click "My Computer">click "manage"> click "device manager"> and see if theres anything marked yellow..

go to control panel> now click "add\remove"> look for audio driver and click uninstall.(first make sure u have the same copy of ur driver before u uninstall ur old one)
now that u uninstalled it, restart ur computer.
now that u restarted ur computer, install the same copy

Plus sometimes you can have a bad connection from your soundcard to your mobo. Open it up, Pull it out, check the contacts blow the can of air on it. Put it back in and check it out again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom