Random power offs and an odd clicking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volos

Beta member
Okay, so I'm pretty sure the HD is clicking, or making a clicking sound. I'm currently dealing with backup, but also my PC seems to shut off at random intervals (usually when under strain, or running games and other software at the same time)

Is that also part of the HD problem, or do I have a HD+CPU failure at the same time!?

I think that my fans and cooling systems are working fine. The temperature inside the tower, and of vital components is nothing unusual!

Here's something odd, when my HD clicks, if I prop the front of the tower up so that the tower is sitting at an angle, the problem seems to stop. On top of this, the PC hasn't crashed with a tilted tower yet... Could it simply be that I have a balance-sensitive HD loose inside my tower? Otherwise why would gravity be a factor?

My Hard Drive is a Maxtor 6L200M0, and my entire system is coming up to being 2 years old I think.

My processor is an AMD Athlon 64x2 Dualcore Processor 3800+

Please lend me a hand, and if you want more details that I have foolishly left out, just ask. ;)

Additional note

Sometimes when the PC powers off, and I have to switch it back on, it powers off a couple more times before it hits windows. But after that it's fine for hours o_O The problem just occured even with a slanted tower. I'm so confused! :mad:

sounds to me like a faulty Hd, inside a HD theres a head that moves side to side that read the spinning disk . The head might be starting to fail and it starts skipping across the disk so when u tilt it to the side its harder for the head to move side to side because now its moving up and down so its even harder for it to handle.
But i dont understand why ur computer shuts off instead of restarting?!i?! might be also ur PSU !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom