Kingston ValueRAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilyap30

Beta member
I sold someone 1 GB DDR PC2700 Kingston ValueRAM for laptops.

First she claimed it was bad memory.

Now she is saying Kingston told her it is incompatible with her computer because of it being ValueRAM.

Is that even possible? Isn't ValueRAM standardized so that it works on generic computers as long as the right one is put in?

Is it likely she needed DDR2 instead of DDR?

Thanks.

Without the manufacturer and model #, I don't think anyone less than a psychic could tell you that.

"Value". It sounded (and still does) to me that you asked "Is it possible she needed DDR2 instead of DDR?"

ilyap30 said:
I'm asking what the difference would be between ValueRAM and regular Kingston RAM

Generally ValueRAM/BudgetRAM is not going to perform noticeably differently than non-ValueRAM/BudgetRAM.

However, you will often notice a difference when trying to overclock. More expensive RAM will generally yield higher frequencies with tighter timings.

ilyap30 said:
I sold someone 1 GB DDR PC2700 Kingston ValueRAM for laptops.

First she claimed it was bad memory.

Now she is saying Kingston told her it is incompatible with her computer because of it being ValueRAM.

Is that even possible? Isn't ValueRAM standardized so that it works on generic computers as long as the right one is put in?

Is it likely she needed DDR2 instead of DDR?

Thanks.
It's possible it's bad ram, have her run Memtest 86+ to check.

Value Ram being incompatible is untrue, it just doesn't work like that. It'll work in any laptop unless the laptop itself only works with very specific memory modules like some DELL laptops need.

DDR2 is shaped and designed totally different than DDR. DDR2 would never have fit in the laptop in the first place, the slot is a different shape, so this isn't the problem either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom