Geforce 6800 GT upgrade.. too what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanos63

Baseband Member
what would be a good upgrade from a Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT 256mb?

I'm looking for a better more up to date graphic card then this one and i have around £150 to spend, it has to be AGP as well.

thanks

man agp sucks i would reccomend you just upgrade your motherboard, you'll probably save money this way in the end.

i dont want to upgrade my mother board, to much hassle for my lazy ***!

and its cheaper for me now, rather then spending hundreds on a new mobo + graphic card!

you dont need to dpend hundred for a good mobo , you can keep most of your system at the moment , and it aint that much work (1 hour tops!)

sailpog said:
man agp sucks i would reccomend you just upgrade your motherboard, you'll probably save money this way in the end.

agp doesnt suck, pci sucks. agp is just an older standard which was replaced by pci-express but you can still game pretty well with an agp based system.

ricanflow, not to undermine you, but agp does suck. You said it yourself, older standard. When something is older than something else, generally it sucks in comparison to the newer equivalent (assuming the newer standard is not glitchy as all ****).

AGP's options are very limited compared to PCI-E x16, so in the long run you'd be better off upgrading your mobo. If you need proof, here:

AGP 2X/4X(6), 4X/8X(120), and Pro 4X/8X(1) = 127
PCI (48)
PCI-E x1 (2)
PCI-E x16 (404)

I'm pretty sure PCI-E x16 wins that one.

Ellothar121 said:
ricanflow, not to undermine you, but agp does suck. You said it yourself, older standard. When something is older than something else, generally it sucks in comparison to the newer equivalent (assuming the newer standard is not glitchy as all ****).

AGP's options are very limited compared to PCI-E x16, so in the long run you'd be better off upgrading your mobo. If you need proof, here:

AGP 2X/4X(6), 4X/8X(120), and Pro 4X/8X(1) = 127
PCI (48)
PCI-E x1 (2)
PCI-E x16 (404)

I'm pretty sure PCI-E x16 wins that one.

Everyody doesnt have lots of $$$$ to change everything out. Yes pci-e kills it, but if you already have an agp ready system and just need something to hold you down until you can save up for a new build, then agp is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom