I have suggested this before (reduce spam):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trifid

Fully Optimized
How about blocking all Hotmail, Yahoo and Gmail email addresses? Then users will have to have registered mail boxes and they will then think twice about signing up to spam.

I know all current users will have to enter a new email address but surely 30 seconds of typing a email address out is better than having to delete spam after spam?

Trif.

Well, I have an ISP for my house, I just don't have one. It's controlled by my father, I don't have the password to it, or anything.

I have a gmail account, but I not trading it for anything. period.

this spam is computer generated BTW

Trifid said:
How about blocking all Hotmail, Yahoo and Gmail email addresses? Then users will have to have registered mail boxes and they will then think twice about signing up to spam.

I know all current users will have to enter a new email address but surely 30 seconds of typing a email address out is better than having to delete spam after spam?

Trif.
I use gmail with TF.

Also, believe it or not, only about 10% of spammers here use hotmail, gmail or yahoo.

We are going to upgrade TF to the latest vBulletin. that's going to be a really big help against spammers.

Re: Re: I have suggested this before (reduce spam):

Apokalipse said:
We are going to upgrade TF to the latest vBulletin. that's going to be a really big help against spammers.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! When???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom