Computer Filteringi software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
I always find myself in a situation where I always have to fix my parent's computer for their computer slowing down. Is there like a software that blocks unwanted sites and stuff? Like in school there is a software that limits a computer's capability to do stuff, like you can't run the "Start > Run " thing or you have limited access.

How the right user account can help your computer security

Do you know whether you're using a Limited or Administrator user account right now?

If you work in a Limited User account, you might be able to decrease the effect of a virus or other malicious software.

But if the attack happens while you're in an Administrator account, the attacker can gain full access to your computer and the results can range from annoying to catastrophic.

Using the right kind of account at the right time is an excellent way to help protect your computer, and setting up accounts is simple.

Note: By default, Windows Vista runs your programs in a secure mode. When most applications attempt to perform a potentially dangerous operation that requires administrator privileges, Windows Vista asks you for your consent before allowing that program to run. This helps reduce the impact of viruses, spyware, and other threats. For more information, see Windows Vista: Security.

also research group policy objects. start | run > gpedit.msc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom