AMD unleashes the 6000+

Status
Not open for further replies.
nagasama said:
what?
dude the prices of c2ds aren't going anywhere. especially since it has been discovered that they overclock so well, and that people will pay for it...i think the price fluctuates 4-5 bucks, but they aint goin down...
they wont go down until amd comes out with a cpu that performs as well or better.
k8l will more likely have a price pattern similar to the x2 lineup now.
there are several versions, barcelona being the server/quad-core version and budapest being the desktop dual-core, along with another that will replace sempron(dont quote me on exact accuracy). of course the quad core server is going to be expensive...
but i wouldn't imagine their new architecture is going to cost any more than the comprable c2d. i think we're all going to be in for a surprise, and us amd users (fanboys if you will lol whatever) will end up being REALLY pleased. especially those of us with the am2 socket.
some of us still give a rip about amd, even though intel is on top....just like intel folks still loved intel when their best cpu was the p4...snort.
to each his own! yay!:surprised

p.s. dude where you gettin your prices? on the egg an e6600 is 314 and a fx-62 is 409...(fx is still too expensive tho you're right about that)

EDIT: and to start a real avalanche....the fx-62 is probably the better GAMING chip (jmo), anyway. not superpi tho...:mad:

Woah I guess I didn't notice the FX-62 price. They were $600 at least a few months ago. You're right tho, $410 on newegg. But, I thought C2D prices were going to go down again later this year. When I got my P4 rig when I was in 8th grade, I loved Intel. But when I was smart enough to check benchmarks and saw that almost any AMD could blow mine away, I hated P4s for life lol.

__Camouflage__ said:
What about the Intel E4300, E6300, E6600? SO, what your saying is AMD is having 'false clock speeds' because they have a model number of 4200+, 5200+, 6000+ is like having 4.2Ghz, 5.2Ghz, and 6Ghz (According to you). That means the E4300 has 4.3Ghz, the E6300 has 6.3Ghz, and the E6600 has 6.6Ghz? (Based on what you said about AMD's 'False Clock Speeds')

No, AMD and Intel are two completely differnt companies. Just because AMD bases their naming system on that GHz comparison does not at all mean that intel is the same way.

anything coming from amd in the $200 price range that could beat an OC'd e6300 in the next few months? Or will be only $500+ chips?

BennyV04988 said:
anything coming from amd in the $200 price range that could beat an OC'd e6300 in the next few months? Or will be only $500+ chips?

dude a 4600 beats a 6300 in a lot of benches...overclock included...they cost the same.
it totally depends in what you are using it for...

For the most part though...an E6300 at 3.5ghz will beat the overclock X2 4600 at the majority of things even when the 4600 is overclocked. It is pretty hard to get an X4600 past 3.0ghz, while this is standard for an E6300.

Plus the C2D are just better at gaming naturally.

Just accept it that when overclocked...the C2D wins however when stock the X2 4600 will usually be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom