Help please, PC games are really laggy at time.. more info inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaintPall

Baseband Member
Okay first off I pay close to $110 for internet a month so Its safe to say I have a good internet connection (even though i have a router) but when im gaming on the computer (low system requirement games that were made in like 1996 off of quake 2 engine) ill lag at some points, i dont know what it is or when it started (or maybe its been doing it ever since i got the computer (or the gfx card)) but when a go into a server on the game thats like semi crowded ill get hugee lag (but my ping doesnt rise, my FPS just goes super low like to 11 FPS from 40 - 60 average) and i tell peopel in the game any1 else lagging? and no1 else is but me, the same problem happens when i play World of warcraft, ive been trying to figure it out for a long time people say it could be my nvidia drivers arent up to date but ive looked for new ones and they either screw up my computer or dont seem to be working or making a difference (maybe ive been dling the wrong ones) but i have a compaq presario, 704mb of ram, umm... like 6 gigs left out of a 30gig hard drive, what else.... ive had the computer for a year and a half.... its AMD 3000+ sempron whatever that means (im not too computer tech literate) 2.00ghz ... graphics card is GeForce 5500 AMD... thats about it, so i dont know what the problem is but I'm hoping to correct this problem soon. also if it matters when i use fraps (PC video game video capturing program) its all good but then when i press the button for it to start recording it seriously goes from a average of 20 FPS to 5 FPS on any game, so idk what the deal is, please help ty

I think it's because of your graphics card. It probably can't handle the graphics since it's pretty old.

the graphics are worse then the graphics card and im looking for a solution not advice on buying a new computer

You could try turning all the settings and resolution to the lowest, that should help alittle.

Close off any unnessary programs when you are gaming to free up some resources.

The best solution is to get a better graphics card, since your current card can't handle the games with a decent frame rate anymore.

u can
- defragment ur HD(s)
- end some process in ur task manager to free some RAM space
- buy a stronger card for like $50+ which would be better than wat ur using
- lower resolution during game play
- Overclock :D
- update ur graphic driver
- install directx 9.0c

whats overclock? and i just got this computer a year and a half ago, my mom wont buy me another one til its like 6 years old at which time i'd be able to buy my own, her computer is turning 9 years old!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom