AMD unleashes the 6000+

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they are not priced well at all, then why would k8L matter? Right now, a FX-62 that is hardly as fast as a e6600 costs 100% more than a e6600. If k8l cpus demonstrate the same price pattern, which I believe is very likely considering Intel is dropping prices alot on C2D, then nobody will give a rip about AMD...again.

RalliArt882 said:
If they are not priced well at all, then why would k8L matter? Right now, a FX-62 that is hardly as fast as a e6600 costs 100% more than a e6600. If k8l cpus demonstrate the same price pattern, which I believe is very likely considering Intel is dropping prices alot on C2D, then nobody will give a rip about AMD...again.

what?
dude the prices of c2ds aren't going anywhere. especially since it has been discovered that they overclock so well, and that people will pay for it...i think the price fluctuates 4-5 bucks, but they aint goin down...
they wont go down until amd comes out with a cpu that performs as well or better.
k8l will more likely have a price pattern similar to the x2 lineup now.
there are several versions, barcelona being the server/quad-core version and budapest being the desktop dual-core, along with another that will replace sempron(dont quote me on exact accuracy). of course the quad core server is going to be expensive...
but i wouldn't imagine their new architecture is going to cost any more than the comprable c2d. i think we're all going to be in for a surprise, and us amd users (fanboys if you will lol whatever) will end up being REALLY pleased. especially those of us with the am2 socket.
some of us still give a rip about amd, even though intel is on top....just like intel folks still loved intel when their best cpu was the p4...snort.
to each his own! yay!:surprised

p.s. dude where you gettin your prices? on the egg an e6600 is 314 and a fx-62 is 409...(fx is still too expensive tho you're right about that)

EDIT: and to start a real avalanche....the fx-62 is probably the better GAMING chip (jmo), anyway. not superpi tho...:mad:

True but that doesn't mean they won't go down again...they're getting quite a large price slash in april...around the time of the K8L

lol i have a good question...
if the k8l meets c2d performance, and the price difference really isn't an issue...
what in the heck would we have to argue about? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom