Computer dust

Status
Not open for further replies.
....Shame... You need to keep your pc's dust free!

I've worked on a few though that hadn't ever been cleaned before, That was in a really dusty room... You spend hour's just trying to get through it to see a mother board.
An even after you clean it the best you can it leave's it looking very dirty. :( Shame how people can mistreat something so great as their computer.

augest said:
....Shame... You need to keep your pc's dust free!

I've worked on a few though that hadn't ever been cleaned before, That was in a really dusty room... You spend hour's just trying to get through it to see a mother board.
An even after you clean it the best you can it leave's it looking very dirty. :( Shame how people can mistreat something so great as their computer.

haha yeah ive seen similar. One guy had a P4 of some description, and i turned the thing on from a cold start, and it was running at 84degrees in BIOS! Im surprised the fan was still spinning with all the dust in there. I found it really funny though how it hadn't died. Needless to say, he sold the system shortly after to his mate. It still hadn't been cleaned.

LOL Poor guy... Yeah I know fan's will end up stopping sometime's if a big chunk get's stuck in it.
All that heat build up really does a number on the hardware.

Funny I have also used a vacuum for years and never had a proble .. but I do use the canned aired for the fans

I usually spray with compressed air and hold a vac hose half a foot away or so to pick up whatever the air knocks loose. If you don't want to clean as much you could always put filters on it. Or go watercooling and have a completely closed system :-o

augest said:
LOL Poor guy... Yeah I know fan's will end up stopping sometime's if a big chunk get's stuck in it.
All that heat build up really does a number on the hardware.

Yeah lol the pc i'm typing on at my dad's house gets neglected badly. The fans no longer operate due to the dust. I refuse to fix the problem because I want this system to die so they can go buy a e6300 or X2 rig from best buy :D

I once had an expendable motherboard that I was curious to know if it would still work if I washed it in water and soap... so I did it and tested it the next day to let it dry completely and it still worked just fine.... but I would not recommend that method hahaha.

you could use compressed air, or an antistatic cloth( I bought oneat Fry's for like 15 bucks and its washable), or get a anti-static vacum(sometimes called a computer vac),or those disposable wi[es at wal-mart(do not use baby wipes), i prefer to take everything out and wipe it clean myself except of coure for hard to reach areas :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom