Can't Install Adobe Reader on Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slam'n Systems

Veteran Techist Member
Maybe others came to this problem also if you try to install Adobe Reader on Vista.

I downloaded it off a site and tried to install it. Comes up an error that there may not be enough space in my Temp folder or on my harddrive, make space and make sure I have permission to write in the folder.

Well, I tried this on the Administrator account and I have about 60Gigs of space on said hard-drive so why wouldn't it let me install? I just installed Vista a few days ago so it's not like I went around changing stuff:(

To install Adobe Reader on Vista you MUST have the UAC ON. If you have it turned off turn it baqck on and reset then it will isntall.

Ah thanks a lot man! Nice to have you around here, I'll have to go try that.

The thing is, I don't find myself to be computer illiterate if thats the correct way to put it, I mean, I look at myself in the computer world to be 'average - to - above average' ... ... so for all those average families out there, don't you think their having a really hard time or will be having a hard time with Vista? Then again, they probably wouldn't even know how to turn off UAC.

Ah well though, new O/S, new learning experiences:)

Vista will be a bit of a learning curve. But overall it is more secure and some of the measures taken (UAC) are better in the long run. So while it is tough it is for the better.

Makaveli213 said:
Vista will be a bit of a learning curve. But overall it is more secure and some of the measures taken (UAC) are better in the long run. So while it is tough it is for the better.

Sorry if this is a bit of a noobish question but what is UAC?

user account control

you can find out more on the web or just by typing that into your windows help search

User Account Control is a new feature in Vista that asks for permission for a file to run. So if you try to install a application's it will ask for Admin permission to install.

This helps prevent "Drive-by" installs of spy ware, malware and viruses. What i mean by that is from sites that try to exploit Internet Explorer's Active X controls and install software that is damaging. It is good but it can be very annoying at times as well.

Makaveli213 said:
User Account Control is a new feature in Vista that asks for permission for a file to run. So if you try to install a application's it will ask for Admin permission to install.

This helps prevent "Drive-by" installs of spy ware, malware and viruses. What i mean by that is from sites that try to exploit Internet Explorer's Active X controls and install software that is damaging. It is good but it can be very annoying at times as well.

"It can be very annoying at times as well..."

And thats why I turned it off.:p :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom