Computer Shutting Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

S13DET

Baseband Member
I just built my new rig got XP installed I should have alll the updated drivers for everything. But everytime I play BF2142 or WoW, the computer turns off. It also only happens when I try and run those 2 games. Havent tried it with anything else because I dont have any other games. So plese any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comp Specs are in sig.

i think that ur computer heat rises fast when u start these games.. and thats why it turns off .. !!

Check your temps on the Cpu and video card....sounds like a heat problem.

Did you get your heatsink and fan on the cpu good?

That is where I would look first.

power issues probably not enough power or your cpu temp is too high which is causing the automatic safety feature to shut off the comp check cpu is on and did you add As5 or similar??? Download speed fan to see your temps

Matt

I've used my nivida monitor view, and my temps range from 49-51celsius. Ill check my CPU and Cooler. Whats As5 and where can I DL Speed Fan?

Well i went to the comp store and bout AS5. I also downloaded off a my Mobo cd Easy Tune 5. I clicked the button that says PC Health, and then clicked Hardware Monitor, there are the items under fans.

CPU---RPM 1600(varies)
PWR1---RPM none
System---RPM none

Also all of them had a blinking "!" mark.

yeah its gonna be a heat issue then homeboy. I'd look into a decent CPU cooler and ill bet the problem sorts itself out. If youre on a budget get and arctic cooler, if not then get a zalman 9500 or 9700 theyre both pretty nice. If you want more overclocking potential you might want to try this. The zalman will suck air in one end and blow out the other obviously, so you might wanna get a 12cm fan and strap it somehow facing the intake of the zalman. This will lower temps a shitload, and therefore give you more headroom. I do this on my zalman and on my 8800GTX. Works for both!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom