Computer Turning Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

S13DET

Baseband Member
I just built my new rig got XP installed I should have alll the updated drivers for everything. But everytime I play BF2142 or WoW, the computer turns off. It also only happens when I try and run those 2 games. Havent tried it with anything else because I dont have any other games. So plese any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comp Specs are in sig.

PS- I posted this in wrong forum. Could a MOD please delete?

Check your temps and your ram. Also run prime95 and see if it craps out, watching your temps at the same time.

Your problem might be your RAM. I had a similar build using G-Skill RAM over the summer and it caused random crashes during games. I diagnosed it was a bad RAM stick, so try installing only one stick and see if you experience any crashes and do the same with the other. Hope my input can help and good luck.

try geting a beter PSU m8 600 W be fine. 500w to low for set up you Got and 99% of the time when it terns of its the PSU Dieing

err no m8 look at the speaks be for you say that and it is hes PSU trust me iv Bulits alot of PC to know whats up and 500 depending Hoe old the PSU is remeber its a 8800 may not is hard for power as GTX But ir will Kill the PSu i Know iv Test it :)

PS Note: These cards require PCI-E x16 slots, they will not function in a x8 slot so for SLi you need dual x16 mainboard. Finally 500W minimum for PSU and 600W+ is recommended. OWND

NemesisX said:
err no m8 look at the speaks be for you say that and it is hes PSU trust me iv Bulits alot of PC to know whats up and 500 depending Hoe old the PSU is remeber its a 8800 may not is hard for power as GTX But ir will Kill the PSu i Know iv Test it :)
I did look at the specs. a single 8800, and an E6300 will run on 500W fine. just as long as the PSU isn't a cheapo one.

Nvidia actually recommends a 450W PSU for the 8800's (GTX included)

I used to run my 7900 GT at 1.68V (stock is 1.2V), heavily overclocked, on a 450W PSU.

And actually, all PCI-E 16X cards can run at 8X bandwith.
the slot isn't different; it just uses half the lanes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom