best setup for movie editing please??

Status
Not open for further replies.
the quadro would pum some serious speed into video editing as that is what it is designed for and cad engineering programs. My rig is 1.32tb with a E6600 overclocked to 3.2ghz, Ive got a 640mb 8800Gts and 3 dvd rives and it is minor video editing/gaming and mainly dvd decoding and media server through an Intranet interface so Its a badass mofobe. the one I suggested Is a good stable mobo and has real overclocking potential with the e6400. I put 3gb of ram as although 2gb is the max utilised for gaming video editing uses a bit more You can get adapters I believe its called a slingbox but im not sure i dont have one to plug tons of different video connections into your pc.

Matt

I agree with the 3-4GB of ram (4GB is probably better and easier to setup). Don't worry about onboard video, I don't think any current board has onboard video anymore. Don't worry about your video card frying, it's almost unheard of. As for the rest of it, I don't know what to tell you so good luck!

Jrod said:
One of the ds3 boards does I believe.

Yes that is correct, the gigabyte 965g ds3 mobos still come with an onboard video chip.... do you think that using the onboard video will greatly slow down video decoding and rendering even if I have 4gb of ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom