Deciding between AMD X2 5200 and E6600

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raphael Argus

Daemon Poster
I was hoping I could get some opinions in differences between these 2 CPU's. Or, if anyone has a link to a site with benchmarks it would also be very helpful. I was a hardcore Intel fan and after switching to AMD I have been completely happy. I keep hearing tons about the new C2D's and before I click "buy" on NewEgg I figured I'd ask. I don't want this to be an AMD vs Intel war or anything.

I'm going to be using the PC for gaming. The $90-$100 price difference isn't really an issue for me, I'm just looking for what will suit my needs best. Trying not to spend more then $350 US on CPU.

Any thoughts?

The E6600 is pretty much superior in every way, the C2D was put out to be the X2 killer so it's to be expected. If you aren't worried about the price difference then the Intel is a no brainer. It's true that AMD always put out better chips but not now, Intel has AMD on the run trying to get sales back and make something to destroy their competition.

The E6600 also is an immense overclocker.

BTW Why wouldn't you say the X2 5400 vs E6600 as they are closer in price? Did you know they came out with 3 new additions? The E6600 still wins of the two though.

Eh, ooops. I did NOT realize there was a 5400 :)

I'll go E6600.

Just curious, but what is AMD working on the compete with the C2D's?

I feel like a turncoat heading back to Intel. HeHe

AMD is trying to lower their Prices to where they perfom about as well as Intel's for the Price. The thing is, after overclocking the X2's really aren't in the same Leauge as Intel for the amount you payed. Stock though It is very close for cash. Still the E6600 is the best under 350 and the 3rd best C2D overclocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom