Can´t delete avi files in XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disclaimer for GREENFLEM:

We are not responsible for your F'ing up your machine by registry changes.

I would just post a link to the article you pulled that key from. I dont like telling people personally to go into the registry. He'll be mighty pissed if he screws up and has to FFR.

I have this problem. I can delete some .avi files and not others...I have tried the regedit, I have tried the dos delete. I have tried safe mode. I have tried right clicking and changing there properties. I am the only administrator on the computer. I have tried rebooting and CTRL-ALT-DELETE and closing every process running on my comp except the barest of essentials and I still can't get rid of them. I have been trying for almost a month now to no avail. Can someone please advise me if they know of another way that I could use? Thanks A Ton

Buko

OK Guys now here's how to simply and quickly delete those pesky .avi's.

In Nero, select make data disk, then add file , but when the add file window comes up simply select the .avi you want to delete, don't add it, just press delete on the keyboard. Hey Presto .avi is on its way to the recycle bin! Simple!

PS: Let me know how you get on.

ive used a 3rd party file shredder to get rid of um before, like spybot s+d's or nortons, usually takes it out no problem

Thank orpheus!
i same also is avi file cannot delete and when i just click or right click the avi file then my CPU usage will increase to 100% and make my computer to be slowly slowly. I tried many kind of ways also cannot delete the file, until you give comment to use nero to delete the file. Now i can succefully to delete the file, thank you and everbody. PLCM u can try this way to delete the file !!just simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom