Kind of new

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccskorn

Baseband Member
I originally joined here back in December for a quick question, but recently stumbled across the forums through google, and when I tried to register it said my name was taken, so I figured out I was already registered. Anyways, I have a pretty cruddy computer, but that should change within the month withthis, tell me what you think. I'll be buying it piece by piece since I'm only 16 and don't make so much $ being a part-time cook at Sonic. Oh well, I just want to be able to play Half-life 2, Doom 3, Far Cry, the Battlefield games, etc., instead of games like Starcraft and Simcity, lol. (Starcraft is still fun). I also have a modded XBOX with a 250GB hard drive that I love to use for all kinds of things. Looking forward to using these forums a lot, I've already gotten some great help.

Hey ccskorn, it looks like you're in the same boat I was in last year. I had a cruddy computer (233MHz Pentium I with 64MB RAM,) and got a job at KFC so I could save up for a new one. I did and bought an HP. Since you are getting an Athlon XP 2500+, get PC2700 memory instead of PC3200. With only a 333MHz FSB in your processor, it will be a waste of money to get PC3200 because the speed will have to be reduced to match your processor.

Anyway, You are smart to build, which I did not do at first and regret it. I am getting ready to build a $1800 gaming rig which you can see the specs below.

lol, here's the requirements for Starcraft:

Windows 95/98/NT
Pentium 90 or higher
16 MB RAM
DirectX-Compatible SVGA Video Card
Microsoft-Compatible Mouse
Double-Speed CD-ROM
(Quad Speed for Cinematics)

Those were the days

I'm planning on overclocking, so should I stay w/ PC3200 or go down to PC2700 like you recommended?

WElcome~~~~~~~to~~~~~~~TechForums!
Depends on the price.If almost the same, sure grab Pc3200!

Welcome in TF and don't forget that the Games are not every thing in this world.............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom