DVD Folder (VIDEO_TS) to .avi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggie578

In Runtime
I have a DVD Folder with VOBs and BUPs. I want to convert the entire film to one high quality avi/mpg file. Do i have to burn it to a DVD or create a DVD image first, or do i need to merge all the VOBs, or what?

Im thinking i could virtualdubmod to merge the VOBs into one file (i need to rename them to mpg first?) then i can just use SUPER (mencoder) to convert it to a ~1.2GB avi file

I want to install as few programs as possible, and id prefer them to be opensource/freeware.

I want a millin dollar and I don't want to pay tax on it.

LOL...

wait, there is actually a free program. it's called autogk

it still seems that i need to merge the vobs into one file. i dont see any way of selecting multiple files.

Biggie578 said:
it still seems that i need to merge the vobs into one file. i dont see any way of selecting multiple files.

just keep trying. it's there. you select the main ifo file for it to see the whole movie

Its not letting me select the folder, im assuming that I need to select the VIDEO_TS.IFO but theres an "error in parsing the IFO file" when i slecet the other IFOs they correspond to seperate 20minute segments.

I made a DVD image, mabey i can do something with that...

"Changes from AutoGK update 1.25 to AutoGK update v1.30 Beta
DUE TO MISUSE OF AUTOGK WITH UNSUPPORTED RIPPING TOOLS, IT'S NO LONGER ABLE TO PARSE IFO FILES, SO ONLY DVDDECRYPTER IN IFO MODE CAN BE USED FROM NOW ON"

so im assuming the files i have werent extracted with DVD decrypter. I dont have the original DVD. I burned the folder onto a DVD-RW, if i extract the files in IFO mode with DVDDecrypter would autogk accept it? Well, ill try tonight.

EDIT: still error. Ima try Flaskmpeg or something

hey thanks, ill try it

EDIT: No go. I even tracked down version 1.2 and it let me choose the entire folder but it only came up as 20 minutes. I tried to use the latest version to encode each segment for merging later, but i got a virtualdub error.

I usually just rip the DVD with DVD Decryptor and disable splitting of the VOB files..so it makes one massive 8GB VOB file :) there are other easier ways I am sure, but it works for me and I am to lazy to figure out anything else..hah. Then of course you simply convert that VOB to Divx or Xvid is your best bet. Or just browse torrent sites for the movie you want and save time I am sure its there unless its home made ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom