Help finding the right motherboard and CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want a SLI mobo then I guess yea get the 680i. I still say that SLI almost always isn't worth it. Just extra heat, and more watts. Still I guess a good way to go with it is just get the 680i (which I hate) an 8800GTX and some G.Skill DDR2-800 memory.

Add another card on later as you should be smoking. Just look for a 600w PSU as even on SLI 600w's is plenty.

EDIT: Also I was not reccomending the 6700 becuase of overclocking. The extra multiplier is not worth 200+ bucks more is all. It is true though that the E6600 actually overclocks better stock since the higher multiplier limits your FSB.

Its ok just don't want to pay to much for a CPU.

Well come to think of it if ya have to buy another video card it would be a little to expensive so I think one card is fine for one or two monitors. I didn't know that the SLI makes more heat two I would not go with that don't want a computer that heats pretty quick.

What motherboard ya suggest without the SLI chipset?

ah ok

without what I mean is that dosn't have the SLI in the motherboard.

Nice boards I'll pic one which I like best and I'll get that.

Carl

Edit:

I'll go for the ASUS P5B-E beings I like ASUS's boards ASUS never failed me on motherboards.

Know I got the motherboard know what memory do ya guys suggest the max memory I am planning to get is 4GBs

Are you going to be doing very memory draining things than the average person? Such as video editing and graphical design? Becuase 4 gigs these days is still overkill for almost everyone.

2GB is still plenty for most people's needs and gamers.

The memory I like to recommend the most right now though are these.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231084

I have 2 sticks of the exact same stuff in my putter and it is AMAZING for the price, just shockingly good for that cheap.

Actually all G.Skill memory is.

And if you feel like going on the pricey side of things with memory then this stuff is ridiculous as well.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231065

Pricey though and you really won't "need" it but the HZ's are still kickass.

lol I use a program called 3d Studio Max I happen to make interiors somtimes are high on the memory mostly rendering it.

I'll get the cheaper one plus I like the green heatsink color.

I have already found a nice video card that will fit the PCI E.

XFX GeForce 8800 GTS 6400MB GDDR3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom