Help finding the right motherboard and CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has newer chipsets but the main benefit is it is suppose to be really stable and get insane overclocks just go to an online retailer and compare them and select the one which suits you better with the right connections as they are both good boards i just think the Abit is better :D

Well I am still going to stick withe the e6700 I can get it cheaper in Tiger Direct

For the motherbaord nice board but it dosn't have the NVIDA Chipset I am looking for a motherboard with that with the latest chip.

Carl

Wow man...if your going to come here knowing absolutely nothing then you should listen to us more. The E6700 is NOT worth it i repeat NOT worth it. Ask anyone know knows even a little and they will tell you this.

This "Nvidia chipset" your speaking of I don't understand. What new nvidia chipset? I really don't hope you mean a motherboard already with an onboard graphics card do you? As there really aren't any "new" Nforce mobos that I know of.

EDIT: Do you mean the 650i? That's still not "new" lol

agree with everyone lol 6700 no way.
but...6600 is great and if you get IT...then the 680i is actually a pretty solid mobo.
but i still heart abit...
although you can get a 6400 and a p5b up really close to the overclock you can get with a 6600...just depends on how much work you want to do.
if none, get the 6700 and the cheapest mobo you can find.

Sora, calm down a little.
He doesn't HAVE to overclock, if he wants to buy the 6700 he can, there are nicer ways to let him know the 6700 is overpriced.
Tooie,
the 6700 is overpriced, but good nonetheless
The evga with the 680i is a great motherboard, lots of goodies and good if you do end up OCing

Ah ok

Sorry I am being a little picky I happen to like nvidia's stuff what I mean is a chipset in the southbridge the one I said earlier I found in tiger direct it had an nforce 680i SLI unless you guys suggest I shouldn't use SLI.

Well beings evga is not a good one to buy I would be going back to ASUS I have one moetherboard that is ASUS I had it for a while.

Carl

SLI is good when you need to squeeze out extra performance,
but to start off with, get 1 of the most expensive card, and get another later when the price drops.

the 680i chipset is nice if you get EPP Corsair memory, as it will automatically overclock itself

Its ok I will go for the e6600 but I'll have to find it somerwere else tigerdirect don't have one.

I usually buy stuff there.

ok which SLI would ya suggest?

Just curius

but if ya suggest that I should suggest to use 680i that fine.

Just need to find the right motherboard that won't have problems or has lesser performance for my gaming stuff and graphics stuff.

I have in mind for a video card found in tigerdirect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom