Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm.. I don't know too much about speakers. Whats the difference between 5.1 or 7.1? Why are the 7.1's cheaper? Both of those look pretty nice.

Those speakers may be 7.1 but they aren't nearly as good sounding as the X-540's.

5.1 does destroy a 2.1 yea....but the difference of a 7.1 compared to a 5.1 isn't really that much. Those are cheap budget 7.1 and trust me the X-540's will be better sounding and plenty loud enough.

EDIT: 5.1 means they have there's 5 speakers, while 7.1 means of coarse 7.1.

There is also 2.1 and 3.1 earlier on but not to practical to buy as much.

They both are good but the X-540's even though they are 5.1 will sounds a lot more crisp.

It's Quality over quantity.

Oh... I see. Yeah well I don't exactly want 7 speakers anyway. 5 is a much better number for me since I don't really have space to put 7 speakers in my room without making it look crowded or anything. Plus the Logitechs look much nicer then the Creatives :).

Also just wondering, what does the .1 represent cause I see 2.0 ones also (not that I'm considering buying only 2 speakered one, just curious)? Is that the subwoofer or something?

I'm pretty sure the .1 represents the subwoofer yes. Like I said even if you had the desk space the 5.1 X-540's will sound better than the others.

Sora said:
I'm pretty sure the .1 represents the subwoofer yes. Like I said even if you had the desk space the 5.1 X-540's will sound better than the others.
Yep, the 5 represents satellites/speakers, and the 1 represents the subwoofer.

Also, there's another logitech speaker setup similar to the X-540s, but about $20 cheaper.

Yea the X-530's. They are very close in quality but since he said the best under 100 bucks I figured might as well recommend the 88 buck model then. haha

Still I doubt you will notice any difference from the X530's and 40's.

Then I'll just get the 530's.. Not a huge audiophile (although I do have my semi-audiophile V-moda vibes earphones :)) and saving 20 bucks is always nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom