8800 GTS SLI or just one 8800 GTX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
b1gapl said:
Plus SLI is never worth the money, because you're paying I think 100% more, for a 10-30% increase in performance. I think SLI is only useful in extreme resolutions.

I agree, and we don't really know what hes gonna be using it for. I just bought a 30" dell and am using 2560x1600 res in games like counterstrike source. My one gtx can handle it all settings maxed, in a 20-30 person server at about 100fps. I don't think my comp could handle a 40 person server with just 1 gtx, at that res. (2.93 conroe/ 680i board). I don't want sli, as it will take up to much space and block my pci connector for my tv tuner and soundcard, so I'm gonna wait for the 8900's or better, and just get one.

b1gapl said:
Plus SLI is never worth the money, because you're paying I think 100% more, for a 10-30% increase in performance. I think SLI is only useful in extreme resolutions.

SLi can be more than a 10-30 percent increase... depends what you play...

i'm tired of people trash talking SLi

now what if you have a 7600 gt... and games just now start crapping on you... your not gonna go and buy a 7950gt or something.. you can just grab another 7600gt and go sli.. and save some money

you people need to pull your head out ur asses.. and start thinking that SLi is for more than the hardcore gamer

NosBoost300 said:
SLi can be more than a 10-30 percent increase... depends what you play...

i'm tired of people trash talking SLi

now what if you have a 7600 gt... and games just now start crapping on you... your not gonna go and buy a 7950gt or something.. you can just grab another 7600gt and go sli.. and save some money

you people need to pull your head out ur asses.. and start thinking that SLi is for more than the hardcore gamer

I also think theres fps that can't be reached without sli. I say if you can afford it and have space to spare, go for it.

It can be a good thing in those situations, of which you pointed out. There are other options though, like selling your old card, or using EVGA's step up program.

I guess if you have the money to burn, go ahead and SLI. But if my 7600GT started to lag in the games I play, then I would sell it, and get a 7950GT, instead of getting another 7600GT.

erm no one cares to mention this but if you have sli and one card craps out you can still play games with the one that didnt whilst if you only have one card then you have to order and wait for a new one :D. If i had a 7600gt and my games started too lag id get a 8800gts 320mb-640mb depending on my budget.

Matt

@NosBoost:

I am going to play on a Sceptre 22" LCD HD monitor soon, so do you think that it will be worth it to buy another 8800GTS? By the time that I am able to afford either, the prices will have gone down considerably. I should be able to construct a cheap SLi rig and I should be able to play Crysis at max with dual 8800GTS cards, right?

While I have not tried SLI myself, but eventually I plan to, I have watched it in action and I was impressed.

You can bump up to extreme resolutions and AA and get added framrates.

It may not be double the framrates, but get real. I mean if you already have great framrates, the only thing to improve upon is the quality of the graphics. In my opinion SLI does this very well.

Anybody thinking that 1600X1200 looks pretty much like 1024x768 is very mistaken.

With all this being said, i don't think it is worth it to most people, but for the people who want the extreme high rez and ALL the eye candy, this is where they would get it.

I just think alot of people run it down because it does not give double the performance. I just often wonder if they have first hand experience with it.

Dante_Caligari said:
@NosBoost:

I am going to play on a Sceptre 22" LCD HD monitor soon, so do you think that it will be worth it to buy another 8800GTS? By the time that I am able to afford either, the prices will have gone down considerably. I should be able to construct a cheap SLi rig and I should be able to play Crysis at max with dual 8800GTS cards, right?

my 8800gts is doing great right now with 1680x1050 on my 22 inch, with full eye candy.. but i won't lie, when i want to use 8x QAA and high quality tranparent aa and some other anisotropic.. i do stutter at times... so SLi'd 8800gts' should get the job done **** good, if not perfect in anything out, and coming out...

and as for crysis... i can't say, because thats dx10

but if one gtx played crysis just fine.. then dual gts' will manhandle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom