found an extra hard drive, now i need raid 0 driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

veg1992

Golden Master
since i found an extra hard drive to add to my current 80 gig WD, is there a way to get a raid 0 array drivers from a website or something?

oh ya i forgot something, is there a way to increase my performance on my PC like overclocking or something?

first post - do you have a raid controller? either pci or onboard? then yes you can. raid 0 will give you double the lowest amount just so you know. if you add a 40 gig to that 80 gig and raid 0 is you will only get 80 gigs still. give you put a 200 gig drive on that 80 gig you will still only get 160 gigs instead of 280. and they are just raid drives, they arent specfic to raid 0,1,5.

second post - as far as overclocking, that motherboard is so old chances are it doesnt support overclocking. and even if does those p4 chips run so hot on stock you need some good cooling to overclock it. so an upgrade is your best bet.

actually it does it lets me change the multiplier up all the way to 160

lol not multiplier that is locked on mine, the other thing goes up to 160 lol

I don't think any CPU has ever had a multiplier above maybe 19 (3.8GHZ Pentium 4)

the bigger number is the FSB/HTT

anyway, I would not recommend a software RAID. software is just not nearly as reliable as hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom