Hello, where do I find...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr DMoney

In Runtime
Hello, I am just about to build a high end pc for me. Recently my dad said he needed one but doesn't want me to build it because he wants tech support. What is the best retail desktop for in the $1000, include monitor. He wanted me to find one from gateway or Hp but I find them too expensive. I don't want dell because of there bad upgrade history. I know it is hard but I want the best. The computer is going to be used for just about any daily process, word processor, email, chat, skype, pictures, videos, Internet, and some gaming on the side. This next computer must live out a long time because he doesn't want to spend the money every year or two. Atleast 5 years until his next upgrade.
A must have.
2gb of ram
e6300 c2d
Decent size harddrive north of 150gb

Computer we have been using only has 4gb of harddrive space
387mb of ram, crapy everything, no case fans.

I know you said you dont want HP but i would look at them, just a note, make sure you get a Windows CD with the system or get ahold of a copy of hte version it comes with (so you can reuse the key).

The only reason i say that is because i would recommend reformatting it after you get it as the companies usually put a bunch of crap on there that slows them down and that you probably wouldnt need

I have already looked at hp. i am acctually leaning toward them. But they are too expensive. Just like gateway. The place I am not going is dell. I have also looked at ibuypower, good price but not good enough.

HP techsupport is horrible. Really everywhere its bad, but they're past the standard bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom