Wirless Card Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

nVdia

In Runtime
Alright I'll start here I'm using wireless internet and it will work fine then all of a sudden it will say can't find wireless network. I search and it wont pick it up. When I restart my pc it will work again. I updated all my drivers.:angry:

Welcome to the world of wi fi. How far away is your router from the wi fi card ? Most routers only put out a signal that is about 300mw, not much. Move your notebook or pc to within feet of the router, if it still does the same, then there is something wrong with maybe the card. If it does not and connects and stays connected then it is just signal strenght. There is one option in the router. I cant quite put the correct words together, you will have to look. It is something like keep alive. Also tr different chanels. If you can run cat5 , there is nothing like cat5.

In my experience it happens if you are using some P2p programs and the problem is not your wireless card, Its most probably your Router.
You havnt written it here but my guess is that you have a DLINK router.

Is it line of sight. ? It all depends on how much interference there is. I use to get really good reception back in 2002 when none of my neighbors had wi fi, ulra sonic burglar alarms , 2.4ghz cordless phones. I am sure cell phones add to it with a lot mor too. I have gone to install wi fi at a residential home that they get good reception and I have been to some that are fair and one home it would not work at all. Not even with one of their kids wi fi notebooks right next to the router. I took it all back to the shop and it worked perfectly. They finally told me , we were the third company that had tried to install wi fi for them. I was thinking WTF ? What caused the no wi fi condition. ?
then again It still could be the card or the OS .

Well I replaced my card with a USB Wireless adapter and it works awesome. I've had alot of trouble with my pci slots. My sound card will do the same thing it will work then just stop so I use my on board sound now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom