AMD unleashes the 6000+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's a back and forth market with computers. I'm really looking forward to seeing what AMD has cooked up but if they continue releasing things at such high prices I doubt they'll be finding much of a market. I don't plan on upgrading for a while so I'm just kind of sitting back and watching this all.

Apokalipse said:
AMD's 4600 costs about the same as an E6300, and it beats the E6300 in most benchmarks.

AMD's 6000+ is not very far off the E6700, either.

When K8L comes out, I am quite sure they will be ahead again, and very significantly.

K8L will work on socket AM2, aswell.

No, I don't think Intel is kicking AMD's behind.

Yes but the Intels from what I've seen have shown their strongpoint in OCing. I mean, I haven't seen anyone putting out Nosboost's OC results on AM2.

Apokalipse said:
AMD's 4600 costs about the same as an E6300, and it beats the E6300 in most benchmarks.

AMD's 6000+ is not very far off the E6700, either.

When K8L comes out, I am quite sure they will be ahead again, and very significantly.

K8L will work on socket AM2, aswell.

No, I don't think Intel is kicking AMD's behind.

At stock marks yea.....overclock an E6300 to 3.5ghz and then see. Or try even 3.0ghz which is an easy overclock, it's just the overclockers dream line of chip and destroys the X2's after overclocks.

After this recent series of Price cuts I actually would probably go AMD if i was never going to overclock, the thing is Overclocking a C2D is pretty much foolproof so I highly recommend it to anyone is the Thing.

Just let it be at this.

Not overclocking: AMD
Overclocking : C2D

EDIT: The Core 2 Duos also have double the Cache price per model, thus making them better longterm at the moment, as well as built on a 65nm structure. I still say Core 2 Duo are the way to go anything over about 180 bucks, even then I suggest making cuts to try to get one.

X2's can get past 3GHZ, it's not farfetched. even an overclocked C2D at 3GHZ isn't supremely better than an X2 at 3GHZ.

But you seem to be getting the idea that I am saying K8 is better than C2D. this is not the case. I'm saying C2D isn't really so much better as people often think.

You're also forgetting that some people don't overclock
In fact, most people don't.
that might be hard to believe, but it's true.

You also seem to be ignoring K8L.

If the AMD employee is telling the truth about it being 1.8X as efficient as K8, then the C2D is going to be in big trouble.

Even if it's not 1.8X as he says, it's still going to be a significant improvement anyway. more than enough to at least really challenge C2D

Sora said:
I don't like hardcore only AMD fans. I think you should look at both sides of the spectrum on things like this. Sure you can have your preference but Intel finally are putting out some good chips and it's worth giving them a shot. Being too biased only makes you seem too hardheaded, no one likes to take advice from a person who is pushing something on you. Just my two cents.

Maybe, but I had a problem with Intel in the past. Of course, I am interested in building an Intel computer, see how it is instead of keeping my thoughts old school.

Example: I am hardcore nVidia fan but I decided to get an ATi to see how it is. Found out for myself, the hardway, that I do like nVidia better.

Guess I'll give it a shot someday when I'm ready to upgrade to PCI Express and all that but now, I'm staying old school :)

Lol 3.0ghz is nothing on a C2D though...I've seen 4ghz on the E4300 and 3.7ghz on the E6300 max. In general it just overclocks a lot better and has more cache for the same price.

While you say that most people don't overclock and this is true, but most people that come on these sites asking for help are the ones that eventully do therefore thats why we recommend them.

Also an 3.0ghz X2 isn't the same as a 3.0ghz C2D, it beats it by a a bit.

Also I'm not saying AMD won't pounce back with the C2D killer as the Core 2's were the X2 killer.

But this topic was about their new X2's which still get thrashed when overclocked by a C2.

I've seen 4GHZ on an X2, aswell.

the cache doesn't affect K8 CPU's nearly as much as Intel's CPU's. In tests, there was about a 2-4% performance difference between 256kb, and 1MB L2 cache in standard applications.

And I know a 3GHZ C2D will beat a 3GHZ X2. I'm saying the difference isn't as big as people make it out to be.

My points:
1. bashing AMD because C2D is better than K8, is just stupid.
2. C2D isn't that much better than K8 that people make it out to be.

Apokalipse said:
X2's can get past 3GHZ, it's not farfetched. even an overclocked C2D at 3GHZ isn't supremely better than an X2 at 3GHZ.

apokalipse i wish you could help me do it, if you can.
i can't press mine past 2.9...but i still freakin love it. the only thing that i use that c2d is @$$-kickingly better at...i.e. that i would notice an actual tangible difference (notice i said what "i use") is, ahem...superpi. although it would be nice to get down into the teens...

But you seem to be getting the idea that I am saying K8 is better than C2D. this is not the case. I'm saying C2D isn't really so much better as people often think.

lol praise jeebus

abit kn9 ultra with nforce4. i dont think it likes high bus speed (i can NOT boot past 299)...
dude i cant pass 2.75 stable with 1.5v
i have read that foxconn mobo you have is a mother of an overclocker...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom