My computer keeps restarting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
Okay so heres the deal, everytime my computer is about to freeze or something it restarts. It amkes that loud noise then it restarts, any suggestions on how to prevent this?

Yeah figure out what is wrong to stop it from restarting. Is it overheating? Is it software related? IT is a failing CPU, Hard Drive or other?

To tell you the truth I dont know.

How do you think I should diagnoise it? What symptoms should I be looking for?

No I didn't overclock it. Anyone else know why it might have happened? Do you suggest for me to shut down my computer at night rather than leaving it on?

go onto task man without anything else open , check if your cpu is going overtime , also get a cpu temp application , check if when it goes off if it gets very hot , if so your fan may have died or isnt working efficently enough

Check your error logs(computer/manage/), see if anything presents itself; Leaving the computer on won't cause to much issue unless your running up the resources of your computer. Heat wise, put your hand on the tower, if it feels like 80c, then it is hot to the touch, removing the side panels will cool it signifigantly, if you have pets in the house though don't;

Ultimatly you would want to know why your computer is freezing,
how often does that happen, is it in relation to any programs you run or games, when did it start to freeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom