trouble installing hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohmrkrem

Beta member
i have an abit ai7 mobo. both sata connectors on my mobo are already used so i bught a rosewill sata-150 2-port pci adapter w/raid (rc-201). i have a SAMSUNG SpinPoint T Series 500gb hard drive. i formatted the harddrive, went to device manager and saw that my pci adapter card was working correctly but windows still does not pick up my harddrive and i am lost at how to get it to work. thanks

update: i tried using one of the mobo plugs for my hardrive and was still not able to pick it up, bios didnt even pick it up. i can tell that the drive is powered and spinning tho. ??

on bootup there is a screen where i press f4 to enter the raid setup for my rosewill hd controller/raid card. in there is has options to set up raid 0 or 1 and then set up and format a single harddrive if appliable

when i plug the sata 320gb hardrive that i have into the controller it works. so i dont know if its a jumper setting that i am missing (tried them all i thought) or.....im not sure

btw...bios now pics up the drive, but i still cant get windows to recognize it. but in device manager it sees the drive but the status: not initialized and then partition syle: not applicable. it sees the right amount of the hardrive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom