New Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atrain9954

Solid State Member
Hey, I have been searching for a computer for a while now and I think I found the one that I want, from iBuyPower.com. I was wondering if this is a nice comp and if I have to put it together or they do??? Here is a list of the components, please give me some feedback:

Case: ( Coolermaster Ammo-533 Gaming Tower Case w/420W Power Supply )

Processor: ( [Socket-AM2] AMD Athlon™64 X2 4600+ Dual-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology )

Motherboard: ( MSI K9N4 SLI-F NVIDIA nForce 500-SLI MCP Chipset w/7.1 Sound, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, Dual PCI-E MB )

Memory: ( 1024MB [512MB X2] DDR2-800 PC6400 Memory Module Corsair-Value or Major Brand

Video Card: ( NVIDIA GeForce 7600GS 256MB w/DVI + TV Out Video )
Video Card Brand ( Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA )

Hard Drive: ( 320 GB HARD DRIVE [Serial-ATA-II, 3Gb, 7200 RPM, 16M Cache] )

Monitor: ( LCD Monitor [Special !!!] 17" High Resoluation 1280x1024 TFT LCD Monitor [Black]

Operation System: ( Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic )

First, link doesn't work.

Second, you can't expect someone to post in the first hour. If you do, you should write it on a chatroom instead. If someone does post, that's awesome! But there are a lot of these threads (I was one of the lucky people, so I suppose I shouldn't talk) circulating. I just thought I'd let you know.

Anyways, I'm going to quote pretty much everyone that's helped anyone else that chose an AMD Processor within the past 3 months; Go Intel. As of now, the Core 2 Duo is apparently the better choice.

If you wait another... 2-3 months, Intel is supposed to double the L2 Cache of the E6400 and the E6300, so if you don't mind waiting until Quarter 2, you can go for that.

Last, I'm going to once again quote people, and recommend to any admin reading this that we should have a template for this kind of topic.

Using PC For:
Absolute Requirements: [List 3 things, MAX.]
Nice-to-have's: [List 3 things, MAX.]
Budget:

Give us those things (at least what you're using it for and budget) and you'll get better help.

If you look theyre slogan is "we build it you play it" so the pc comes assembled, but im pretty sure they overcharge you for this.

Also, the link is broken.

Ok thanks:

Absolute Requirements: Nvidia GeForce 7600 or up, Dual-core processor 2.13 or up, 1 GB memory
Nice-to-have's: moniter, windows vista, 250 GB HD
Budget:$1000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom